Saturday, March 10, 2012

Keep Calm And...

BLOG!

Well. It has just been far too long since I've updated my blog!

I guess my absence proves that I have been incredibly busy, but I hate to keep harping on that point. Instead, let's just get to how awesome life has been lately! Lot's of good things and many blessings.


I have officially committed and completed my new hire paperwork for my internship this summer at OSF Saint Francis in Peoria, IL. I will be working nights on a pediatric acute care unit! I just e-mailed my unit manager to see if I get to wear fun pediatric scrubs. Now I have to find a way to learn about pediatrics so I don't look like a total fool this summer since I haven't had my pediatrics courses yet.


I have yet to actually step foot into the hospital... Maybe I should do that before the semester is out. BUT, this video makes it seem REALLY gorgeous. I love the themes and the Catholic flair the nuns bring ;)



The past couple of weeks have been full of:

  • Studying for pharmacology and med-surg. Both exams went well with a little assistance from my best friends and lots of caffeine!
  • I had my second interview at Children's Memorial. It went as well as it possibly could have! I'll hear back within another week or two. Thanks to Mom and Dad for hooking me up with a new snazzy interview outfit!
  • I got another heart-warming card from my Baba :) "Life is Improvisation" - I think I'm finally beginning to grasp this idea and be empowered by it. 
  • All the while, God is still working on my heart and teaching me a lot about trusting in Him.


Not only did Mom and Dad get me decked out for my interview, but they brought the whole family out to visit in DeKalb! We all made out like bandits at Khol's and then, of course, had to make a stop at Ollie's. Ollie's is the local frozen custard joint in DeKalb and it is DELICIOUS!



My family's visit REALLY made me miss home. I am so tired of running around at school. I need some home cooked food. I need some relaxation. I need my heated blanket. So thank goodness it's finally SPRING BREAK!
Reuniting with my brother & sister!
Reuniting with my puppy, Ace!

Now I'm one day into Spring Break and I'm already feeling revived. Yesterday was productive and I've got big plans for the rest of my week off! It's not going to really be a week off... but it will be a week to catch up and get ahead. You know what that means....



It is what it is, people. I will get by with a little help from my family and friends.



I don't have any recent pictures, but Ross always helps me to stay calm and he frequently puts a smile on my face :) We are going to celebrate our three year anniversary soon (3/19).  Wow, time has flow. We have grown up a lot over the past few years. It's actually quite astounding how we've grown so much closer through it all.  Here's to us, honey!



Much love, everyone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment