Thursday, March 22, 2012

Online Window Shopping

When my family and I first moved to Chicago-land, I went kicking and screaming. I did NOT want to change high schools. I did NOT want to live in Illinois. I did NOT want to leave my friends. Needless to say, I could've listed off 100 reason why moving... well... sucked.

One of my first memories of being here was a trip to downtown with my dad and window shopping on Michigan Ave. For those of you who have lived in a cave your whole life, Michigan Ave. (aka The Magnificent Mile) is the main strip in Chicago that boasts Chanel, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Water Tower Place, etc. My favorite, though, is the THREE STORY FOREVER 21.

My father, in an attempt to console my tortured teenage self, bought me a clearance rack shirt from one of these stores. The rest of the day, though, was spent window shopping. I may have been emotionally unstable, but I still had enough sense to know that a $400 dollar purse or $150 lipstick is completely asinine.

This was probably my first time ever truly window shopping. Now, as a college student stuck in a small town for eight months out of the year, most of my window shopping occurs online. Below are a few of the most recent items I've fallen in love with. Pinterest.com and wanelo.com are the main websites where I online window shop. These sites will usually link you back to the original source, which I have provided along with the images below.

$58 - Natural Crochet Women's Classics - TOMS.com

$35 - Personalized Mug Set for Couples - etsy.com
http://www.etsy.com/listing/92911330/latte-mug-couple-set-of-2-personalized


$56 - Eberjey Colette Racer Back Bralet - journelle.com
http://www.journelle.com/womens-bras/all-bras/eberjey-colette-racer-back-bralet.html

$7.50 - Mini Rustic Pies in a Jar - etsy.com
http://www.etsy.com/listing/70525638/unique-wedding-favor-peach-pie-in-a-jar

Enjoy online window shopping!


Much Love <3

2 comments:

  1. MY friend has those TOMS--- SOO CUTEEEEE!!! Pinterest= THE MOTHER OF ALL WINDOW SHOPPING-- for me at least ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be very helpful if there was someone who was looking to get gifts for you on a regular basis... oh wait...

    ReplyDelete