Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break: Part 2

And so the fun comes to an end...

Break was more fun and relaxing than I had planned, but that means it was not as productive as I had hoped it would be :(

Now I am back at school in 80 degree weather and no air conditioner.... IN MARCH! I don't know if I can handle this for another two months. I'm not so secretly hoping the weather cools back off for a bit.

So, the biggest news about break was Ross and I celebrating our three year anniversary! Tomorrow marks the actual date (March 19th) so I'll post pictures from our Saturday night out sometime tomorrow.


Other news from the break...

I got to have lunch with three of by best girl friends from Naperville [Megan, Kelly and Kim]. We of course had to go to Noodles & Co. (Kelly's favorite place for Mac & Cheese!). It was great to catch up. It's really amazing to see how we've all grown up. We are each in a committed relationship, we talk about working full time and we didn't even wear green on St. Patrick's Day! Apparently I do not have a picture of just the four of us... I did find a few older (and maybe not so flattering) pictures to share :)

Me, Meg and Kim on the Snowball Staff Canoe Trip!

Amy, Kelly, Me, Amanda and Kim at a Mazz Bonfire!

We had a wonderful dinner party at our house on Friday night. My mom cooked vegetarian just for me because we're in the season of Lent (no meat on Fridays!). It was really nice to see some old family friends. Also, Ross was able to be my date for the night! <3

During the day on Friday, Halle and I made a chalk mural on the driveway. She had been sick all week and definitely had some cabin fever going on. The driveway was about as far as we could go, but it still did the trick and got her out of the house for a bit.




Today I received a care package from my Mom that we thought got lost in the mail! I was so glad that it finally came. I've already managed to eat through half of it. Check it out...

Frame Games, Pocky Sticks, Peanuts, Dinos Gummies

And finally, to pass along a bit of inspiration I received this week: TOMS Shoes is a company that sells awesomely comfortable and fashionable shoes. For every pair of shoes purchased, they donate one pair of shoes to a kid in need. They go on these awesome "Giving Trips"to places like Africa to deliver the shoes. Check out the picture below then browse around at www.TOMS.com  I absolutely adore these shoes and it's a great cause! They even have shoes that are made with out animal products (go vegans!).  Reading about these Giving Trips has really encouraged me to pursue going on a mission trip within the next couple of years. I really feel that God is calling me to serve in other countries and to use my passions and talents for Him.

Top: Spring floral prints to die for! I love all three.
Bottom: Information about how to get involved!
[FYI, I wear a size 8.5 and my birthday is May 22nd.]



I can't wait to share the anniversary pictures with you all tomorrow!



Much Love <3

2 comments:

  1. This was very helpful in the event that a person is looking for a gift to give you. If that kind of person existed... who just celebrated 3 years with you...

    Also I like your "secret" wishing for cooler weather on a public blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honored to be on your blog ;) miss you already!
    <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete