Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Reading List

I read. A lot.


I don't make enough time to read novels, even though I love them. I do, however, spend lots of time reading textbooks for nursing, flipping through magazines and catching up on my favorite blogs. I'd like to share with you my current favorite readings....


FAVORITE MAGAZINE
Vegetarian Times
This magazine offers great articles about the vegetarian lifestyle. It's educational while also comforting to be a part of the vegetarian community. What I REALLY love about this magazine, though, is the huge supply of delicious recipes it boasts. Many of the recipes call for odd ingredients, though, so it can be difficult to throw something together without planning ahead. At the back of each magazine, there is a index that breaks down each recipe by appetizer, main dish, salad, etc. Then the recipes are coded vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, etc. User friendly and yummy food - can't beat that!




FAVORITE BLOG
Joy the Baker
Joy is one of the wittiest, most honest bloggers I've read thus far. Her quirky personality shines through in her writing. It's like talking to your best friend. She also is a mean baker. I'm serious. Her recipes are incredibly unique and indescribably delicious. I am dying to make her Dark Chocolate and Pistachio Sea Salt Cookies. Joy also photographs/styes all of her food photo shoots. I never knew, but this is a serious talent! The pictures are beautiful and I love pinning her recipes to Pinterest.

source: joythebaker.com


FAVORITE BOOK
The jury is out on this one... As I said, I don't make enough time to sit down and read full-length books. I'm in the process of reading "The Geography of Bliss" and "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle." Both are great! Over the summer I read "Eat & Run" by Scott Jurek. He inspired my mom to go veggie with me! This book is enjoyable for runners and non-runners alike.




1 comment: