Monday, September 3, 2012

Ikea Finds

The other day Mom, Adam, Halle and I made the trek out to Ikea. I needed a few about 20 things for my new apartment!!! [Blog post regarding the new place coming soon....]


Priority #1 - Twin Sized Bed
My apartment bedroom is too small for a queen sized bed and we don't have any twin sized beds at home. We knew Ikea had affordable bedding but we had NO idea how unique/awesome it would be. In the showroom, we tried out every twin sized bed and decided on a comfortable & affordable option. Adam and Halle especially liked this part of the day. Instead of  a cumbersome bed frame, we decided to buy the Sultan legs that screw in directly to the box spring! The holes are even already pre-drilled!!!

Only $15 for all four legs!

Priority #2 - A "Headboard"
Since I wasn't getting a traditional bed frame, Mom and I were inspired by Pinterest to create a non-traditional headboard. We weren't inspired by many of the things at Ikea. As we were making our way through the marketplace, we were getting discouraged... Then I saw IT. The mirrors. An entire corner of decorative mirrors. I had never seen a headboard made of mirrors, but I knew that mirrors help to make a small room look brighter and bigger. I was first drawn to these mirrors....
Found HERE - $15 for a 2 pack.
I envisioned four of these against the wall behind my bed. I didn't care for the wavy look.  I prefer right angles. Maybe it's that type-A, oldest child, slight OCD syndrome.  Anyways... As I perused (being sure to check my hair and makeup in each mirror) I came across these bad boys....

Found HERE - $10 for a 4 pack!
I had found my headboard! Right angles and everything. Mom and I promptly bought three packs to take home and create the headboard we envisioned. A full apartment tour and DIY project details coming soon!


Priority #3 - A LARGE Espresso Maker
It's no secret that I'm a huge coffee lover (hence the name of the blog).  My mother and I drink so much coffee that it is no longer financially prudent to go to Starbucks every time we get a craving. Instead, we have mastered the art of home-brewed coffee. We use a traditional coffee pot, french press, cold brew, and stove top espresso. Who knew there were so many ways to make coffee?! Our current favorite is stove top espresso.  The stove top espresso maker we were using was just too small to support our intense coffee addiction. We needed a BIGGER one! Ikea came through with a large AND affordable option. This makes 2.5 cups of iced coffee the way Mom and I make it. Much better than the 1 cup of iced coffee we could make with the previous stove top espresso maker.

RADIG Espresso Maker 6 Cup - $20!

Needless to say, our trip to Ikea was EXTREMELY successful.
More pictures to come of the newly decorated apartment!!


Directions on how to make stove top espresso HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment