Monday, September 10, 2012

Back To School

Yep.

It's that time of year.

It's been crazy since coming back to school TWO WEEKS ago. My planner is already jam packed and midterms will be here before we know it.

New decorations on campus!
If I haven't told you before, I'm telling you now: I am a list person. Just as my boyfriend or my mom. I have to write it down or I forget it. As I was moving into my new apartment, I found a list I made at the end of last year. I had forgotten about it and was grateful to find it because I couldn't think straight for the first few days of school. Here is what the list said:

Senior Year
- Cook yummy recipes!
-Work out regularly
-Ride horses again?
-Prep for NCLEX
-Volunteer @ Church
-Drink Sangria!
-Grow Herbs

Favorite spot on Campus.
Photo taken during my 2nd run of the year!

This list is totally random but captures the thoughts I was having at the end of last year. So far I've started a running routine (with help from the RunKeeper iPhone app), took two riding lessons with my sister, and am doing 1,000 practice NCLEX questions for a class. This weekend I hope to menu plan & go grocery shopping so that I can start cooking next week. I'm on the lookout for herb plants, trying to decide how/when to volunteer at church and sangria is officially on the grocery shopping list! 

I cannot believe this is my last year of college. It is quite possible that I'll never again be a tuition paying student at a university. Luckily, in both life & nursing, I will be an eternal student learning new things every single day. 

These are a MUST have.

My friends also know and appreciate what a list person I am. In the spring we made a "Senior Year Bucket List".  Here's what it looks like....

One down... only about 20 more to go!
We kicked off the bucket list with a spontaneous trip to the women's volleyball game. Our intentions were not totally pure... What we really wanted was a free t-shirt. Much to our dismay, they were all out of free t-shirts when we arrived.


Sad as we were about the t-shirts,
the game was actually pretty fun!
Leave a comment and let us know which things YOU think are missing from our bucket list. We'll be sure to document our progress throughout the year.

Gotta love nurses :)


Stay tuned for: The Apartment Tour! & Where I'll Be One Year From Now


Celebrating the blue moon on Aug. 31st

3 comments:

  1. I second the sangria and the tshirts!!!! Can we for real buy those on that WANELO website?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahah volley ball part so funny!!! And when I come lets do the observatory&Altgeld!!!! Iv always wanted to do observatory! We can be each others dates :) Since it is the "cheapest date on campus"

    ReplyDelete