Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day Trip to Chicago

Right before school started back up again, my aunt and my cousins came up to Chicago to visit. My aunt was only 14 years old when I was born and we spent a ton of time together during my first couple of years. I couldn't say her name so to this day I call her my "Baba."  She and I have a really great relationship. I wish I could see her more often and that I could be for her girls, the person she was to me.

Baba and I
On our day in Chicago, we rode the ferris wheel at Navy Pier and make the trek up to the top of the Willis Tower. For a pretty penny of $17.50/adult and $11.00/child, we took an elevator going 18MPH up to the sky deck on the 103rd floor. I've been up to the sky deck before, but the I had yet to experience the newest edition.... four glass ledges that extend four feet over the city below. Here's our view, looking down, from 103 stories above street level:

The first step out was pretty scary!
The little girls seemed to enjoy our adventure as well. I'm not sure if it's totally worth the price of admission, but it is absolutely a unique experience. As with all tourist stops, the gift shops were EVERYWHERE at Willis Tower. We perused the shops and laughed our butts off.

We had too much fun :)

At the end of the day, we were all pooped and STARVING. It was time to head back home to the burbs. We mastered public transportation and avoided rush hour on the drive home. I'd call that a success!!


THE END


1 comment: