Saturday, April 14, 2012

Checking In...

Hello All!

Once again, life took over my time this past week or so. After learning how to read EKGs, studying until 2:00 a.m. and passing an exam about the cardiac system I finally have a moment to breathe.

I've gotta catch you all up on what's been going on lately.... Get ready for a parade of pictures!

#1. I saw a live birth at clinical! (No pictures of this adventure, sorry!) Being present and actually assisting with labor and delivery was a PHENOMENAL experience. I always thought I would cry when I saw the "miracle of life" in person, but I was so in awe of everything that happened in that room, I didn't even have time to get emotional. After coaching multiple mothers through labor, I am seriously considering working towards becoming a certified doula! What is a doula you ask? Check out this site and find out :)

#2. I got to go home for Easter Weekend :))

Friday night Ross and I double dated with our parents at The Improv in Schamburg.
We were all in tears by the end of the night! Steve Trevino was hysterical.

When we went to the comedy club,
I was the only one in the group under 21.
How embarrassing!!
They stamped my hand... "Under 2"

The Easter bunny brought me a French Press!


My sister gave me a pedicure :)

We got dressed up for Easter Sunday!

Mom made a FABULOUS fruit pizza!

#3. I got more surprise mail from my Baba!

Nurse-y note pad!
Happiness!


Note pad already in use!

#4. Nursing school has it's perks....

Alexa and I upgraded to trenta iced coffees!

Only in nursing school....

#5. Growing up has its perks.... and its downfalls....

Perk: Being invited to jewelry party and buying new pearls!
Downfall: Getting pulled over for having a headlight out.

#6. New-ness

Period Tracker App - It has an abstinence mode?!

Tofu noodles! Guilt Free - Only 20 Calories!
They're actually pretty good.
As long as you rinse them well,
they take on the flavor of what you put on them. 


Welcome to my life people :)
Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment