Monday, October 1, 2012

Slowing Down

The speed of life has seemed to slow down just a bit. If only slightly and if only for a moment. I am trying to cherish this time, knowing that it won't last forever.

It seems I've missed many documentation opportunities on the blog because I've been enjoying living and enjoying rather than being glued to a computer screen. I have managed to snap a few pictures along the way that I would like to share with you.

He's going to be a great poppa...
Lately, I've spent a lot of time babysitting this cute little girl! When her momma asked if Ross and I could help out so she could have a date night with her hubby, we were beyond excited.

9.19.12
Speaking of Ross... We recently celebrated 3.5 years together :) This beautiful bouquet was a lovely surprise delivered to the office on our anniversary. We have grown a lot over the past few years. I can't wait to see where God leads us next.


Speaking of Mom... My family came to visit a week or so ago. We had a great day at the Huskie vs. Kansas football game. This past weekend I went home to spend some more time with the family. 

Mom and I at the football game.

Proud Huskie Love!

Homemade fondu time with my sister.
Since the world has slowed down a bit, I've had a bit more time to indulge. Starbucks, shopping, and scripture to name a few. These are the things that help me to feel renewed and refreshed as the Fall season begins to settle in...

Salted Caramel Mocha... Yum.

Parker Palmer, inspirational speaker.
Julia Spears, inspirational boss.
Scarves and sweaters <3
Target : $7 shoes and dollar bin scores

Farmers Market Produce

Resale shop success: $5 LBD & jeans that fit just right.
Along with retail therapy, coffee and motivational people, I've made time to spend in the Word of God. Scripture always has a way of speaking to my heart. Alexa and I recently started a new bible study together. I was so anxious to get started, I did the first day before watching the introductory video. The next day, my oldest and dearest friend Leah called. We had some catching up to do. I sent her the following scripture later that night...

Jeremiah 29:11
Do you wish time would slow down? Are you counting the days until you can catch a break? Have you been running on fumes? What have you done for yourself lately? Whatever it is you enjoy, I encourage you to indulge this week. You deserve it. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you have to take some time out and slow down to get motivated again. Being with people and a little retail therapy certainly gives me a boost.

    ReplyDelete