Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Need for Caffeine

With all of the awesome events, opportunities and commitments recently... I AM POOPED!
[Now, I promise to refrain myself from using this blog like a thirteen year old writes in her diary, but I cannot promise to keep my mouth shut in complaining at least a tad bit every now and then.]


Today, however, is NOT the type of day when I will allow myself to wallow in misery. Today is the kind of day where I have to force myself to push through and move on or I might just lose my cool. If I let myself think too long a few irrational thoughts begin to circulate...

  1. Hm... I wonder how much a flight attendant can make.
  2. How much coffee really is humanly possible to drink?
  3. I swear they assign case studies just to make us feel like idiots.
  4. Only 106 days, 15 hours and 47 minutes until the end of this horrible semester.
  5. I quit.

The interesting question now is: What things help me get through days like today?

1. Daily Bible Readings! A verse from today's reading: "You are my lamp, O LORD; the Lord turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall." 2 Samuel 22:29-30


2. Homemade and hand-delivered chocolate chip cookies!


(Ross and I at his APO formal)
3. My Handsome Boyfriend 


4. Harvest Grain Soup at SOUPer Wednesday (a weekly Honors Program event)


5. Crossing things off of my list!



Here's to more smiles, fewer stressful sighs and a better day tomorrow <3


No comments:

Post a Comment